DONATE TO MICKEY'S FUND

Thursday, November 28, 2013

 This is a post straight from Alec himself: Everybody throws up some post about how they're thankful for things, but I don't think they are as thankful as they should be. Today I am so incredibly thankful to be alive. I am thankful that I only lost one limb in my accident. I should be so much worse off than I am, and I am thankful to god for saving me. I'm thankful for all the doctors, nurses, aids, and everyone at the University Hospital for saving me, because I did nothing. I laid in bed and had my surgeries, but I wasn't the one fighting the fight, they were, so to them I owe my life. I'm also so thankful for my support system because I wouldn't have made it without them. I'm thankful to my father who works tirelessly everyday and is making sure that I get treated fairly. I'm so thankful for my mother who puts up with me and is being an incredible at home nurse. I couldn't be more thankful for my beautiful girlfriend who literally wore herself to the breaking point for me. I'm thankful that she wants to stick around through all the hassle that lies ahead and I'm lucky she wants to spend her life with me. I'm so thankful for all the people who pray for me, love me, help me, and for my family. You guys got me through a time that could have been dark, but everyday someone brought in a light. Thank you for all of your help and support. It doesn't go unnoticed and it means the world to me. I haven't put up a fight yet, but you wait till I can get out of this bed and see what I do. One day I will be a warrior and this will not stop me from what I want to become. Thank you to everyone and he happy to be alive, it could change in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment