DONATE TO MICKEY'S FUND

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog. It has been a very long day. Alec was visited by some great people today. Coach Kyle Whittingham and Trevor Riley from the Utes football team, and then later the entire Ute baseball team. How awesome is that!! Thank you Tim Pagoaga for setting that up. It put a smile on Alec's face and we are so grateful. What a great group of guys!! Alec was moved to the rehab unit this afternoon. One step closer to coming home! It won't be easy, but one thing is for sure...... HE CAN DO IT!
Tonight we got a phone call that Brontay had collapsed and was taken to the ER in Provo. She thought she was just exhausted and maybe a little dehydrated. What we found out this evening is that she has type 1 diabetes. As I left the university of Utah to go to the hospital in Provo, I just cried and cried. I am not sure what it is that's going on, and I feel so totally out of control with all of it! Even as I write this, I feel like I'm watching some bad movie that just doesn't end!
As I walked into the hospital and into her room, I was once again reminded of how lucky and blessed we are! This sweet young girl had a blood sugar count so high that she really should have been in a diabetic coma! We are truly blessed to have had a friend with her at that moment to get her taken care of. Thanks Hillary!!
Brontay has the same attitude as Alec and will be ok! She will be in the hospital for a couple days to get her blood sugar regulated. Alec was having such a hard time not being able to be there for her! One thing I know for sure is that these two kids have been through some really hard times that no two 21 year olds should have to go through. However, they will be stronger and better because of these things. I am again asking for your prayers on both of their behalf.
I don't have all, or any answers but I know we are getting through each day as it comes because of the faith and prayers! THANK YOU

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'm close with Hilary and Brontay and have been blessed by reading about your strength throughout everything. We will continue praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete