DONATE TO MICKEY'S FUND

Monday, November 18, 2013

Alec got up in a wheelchair and went for a walk today! It was so amazing to have him up and he was so excited, we even went outside in the fresh air and sunshine. What an awesome experience to be outside with my son. I really have no words to express my gratitude and love for my son. Alec finally went into surgery around 5:15 PM. As we waited, of course the feelings and emotions almost become overwhelming. We all try to joke and talk about other things but in the back of our minds...  all the stress worry and fear of yet another surgery lurk nearby. A couple of hours into the surgery they called out and said it was going well, but that they weren't going to be able to close the leg all the way. We all were so sad for him, he wants to be done being operated on and get better so he can go home! It was kind of gloomy for us for awhile. When the surgeon came out......guess what!
They were able to close the whole thing! It has a wound vac on again and will need that for about 5 days!  I honestly cannot believe that we are actually done having surgery, at least for awhile. They also fixed his hand, 4 pins, and they are outside his cast so that's not going to be very fun. It will be like that for 6 weeks. But seriously we are so blessed and grateful. My son is actually on the brink of recovery! I have had a few rough days. I don't know why though, my son is so amazing and doing so well. I'm so proud of him and so amazed, but as a mother, it is so hard to watch, and so difficult to know the right things to say to be of help to him. I feel extremely grateful that my son is alive and he has had so many blessings.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing his story. Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily. Stay strong and think positive thoughts.

    Crazy Boots mom from the Football team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And his hair looks great as always! Keep fighting brother!

    ReplyDelete