DONATE TO MICKEY'S FUND

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Today has been......well a day! They came in this morning and changed all the dressings on Alecs leg. The nurse did a great job and took extra care and patience with him. The reality of his situation really sunk in today. Maybe because it was Sunday and he didn't have therapy or maybe just seeing his leg for the first time, or just a combination. But emotionally it was a very difficult day!
As a mother it is extremely difficult to watch your son be in so much pain both physically and emotionally and not be able to help or fix this! I listened to him talk and cry and honestly there were no words I could say that would bring him comfort. I feel so totally helpless and out of control. I want to have the right words and quite honestly there just aren't any! I know he will be ok and is strong enough to do this, but it literally breaks my heart!
Tomorrow is a new day and we will get up and do what needs to be done and he will be amazing just like every other day since this happened. And I will be right by his side and so will his dad! He has so many friends family and loved ones that will be there for him every step of the way, but the reality is only HE knows what this feels like and only HE can do it, and that I KNOW HE WILL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment