DONATE TO MICKEY'S FUND

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Its been a few days since I personally posted.....sorry about the delay. Alec's post on Thanksgiving was so far East of anything I could post, so I left it at that. I have decided that this blog, while being great to keep everyone updated, is also my therapy. It's a way for me to get out my own personal thoughts and feelings. So, if it seems personal, it is!
Alec has been home 5 days now and while its been great to have him home, its also scary and overwhelming. All the meds, dressing changes, medical supplies, and IVs are stressful, but I am so grateful to have him home and be able to help him however I can. The one thing I can't do is help with the pain both physically and emotionally.

 Watching my son come to terms with his situation is more difficult than anything I had previously imagined. The physical pain, and not being able to take that away, is extremely difficult. He had several break downs the first couple days he was home as reality became more clear, the only thing I could do was lay next to him and hold him. I truly tried to come up with some words of comfort, but they're just aren't any! There is not one thing I can say that will fix this. At the end of every meltdown, Alec did exactly what he has done since the beginning, pulled himself up and began to express how grateful he is for his life.

His dad is a huge help to him and is here with him every minute he possibly can be. His brothers and sisters have been absolutely amazing and have been extremely patient and understanding. My mother basically pulled off thanksgiving on her own.... I don't know what I'd do without her! The love support and prayers have helped more than any of you will ever know. Tomorrow is Nick and Cody's birthday, and as I write this I am overwhelmed with love for these two boys. I am so beyond grateful that Nick is ok and doing well. I love you two!
Rourke and I love our son and if there was ANY way we could fix this or trade him places it would've been done. We will continue to love and help him any way we can through this long and difficult journey.
Brontay came back from Texas today and that put a serious smile on both their faces. She is doing well and adjusting to her diabetes better than most 21 year olds would. What a gift she is and we are so grateful to have her in our lives.When I watch them together my heart is just filled with love for both of them, what they've been through, and how great they are together.
This will be a busy week as we have many doctor appointments and are hopeful to continue moving forward slowly, but surely!
I love you all and THANK YOU for your continuos prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment